Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Why You Should Always Venture Down The Clearance Aisle

My daughters and I have never met a clearance aisle that we didn’t like.  Earlier today we were in City Market, and we found our new favorite kitchen gadget; the Piggy Pop!  Yes, it is as cool as it sounds.  It is a silicon tray that you bake your cornbread and hotdogs in to make pigs in the blanket in the shape of little pigs! How cute is that? We were so excited to try this avant-garde culinary experience that we had a batch in the oven before we even had the groceries unloaded.  They were easy, adorable, and delicious. In my kitchen, that is the winning trifecta.  I should note that the Piggy Pop can also be used as a Jell-O mold, and I frankly cannot think of anything cuter than little, jiggly, Jell-O piggies.    

We were in a hurry to try these today, so we used a package of Jiffy Corn Bread mix.  However, when we make these again I will use my slightly more complex Sweet Corn Bread Recipe, below. We also use Nathan’s Hot Dogs, because they’re the best 🙂 

  • 1 box Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix 
  • 2 boxes Vegetarian  Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix 
  • 1/2 cup sunflower oil 
  • ¾ cup water 
  • 2/3 cup almond milk 
  • 5 eggs 

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish (or into a Piggy Pop 😉 ). Bake at 350 for about half an hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment